Top 5 questions to ask when purchasing land
Do you have land or a lot that you want to build a home on?
If not what are you looking for? Acreage….Subdivision… and what part of town??
Sometimes one of the hardest parts in building a custom home is finding a lot that best suits a families living style and budget. If you do not already have a building site one of the best sources to help you find one is a realtor. Below are 5 top questions that you should be asking that realtor when it comes to purchasing land.
- What utilities are available-water, sewer or do you need a well and septic. Is natural gas available if I want gas or do I need a propane tank.
- What kind of slope does the lot have? The more the slope the more expensive it will be to build or maybe I want to consider a daylite basement house design if there is slope.
- Is the lot high and dry or is there some drainage problems causing a wet area. This could cause problems for a septic system or building.
- Is it in a subdivision with covenants that require a certain size home or design.
- Is there good access to property-county road, paved or unpaved, etc. or is there any easements on the property like drainage easements.
Do you have more questions you’d like to add to the list? Comment below and share your experience. We are all in this together and Sharing is Caring!
Ensure you never miss a step by following us on the following Social Media Channels.